Lucky Wheel kit

【BotBonnie’s Note】
This is a function of the Professional version.

Are you worried about how to increase user interaction? BotBonnie has a quick and simple interactive gadget: “Lucky Wheel kit”! Use simple modules to automatically deal with tedious data integration for lucky draw events. The module is able to create every step of the process automatically, from the user entering the event page to redeeming prizes and exporting the winning list.

BotBonnie launched the Lucky Wheel kit in 2020 and it quickly became one of our most popular kits.  Many users have provided feedback requesting additional themes, and we hear you!  In September of 2022, BotBonnie released a second-generation lucky wheel kit with a variety of visualization and more prize types to support more flexibility when creating a  lucky draw campaign!

Providing comprehensive services to create eye-catching lucky wheel bots

After building a basic chatbot, you don’t need to spend a lot of time setting up a website and developing an app. You can use the BotBonnie “Lucky Wheel kit” to directly enhance your marketing techniques, improve the ease of user participation, and reduce the churn rate.  It also encourages dormant users to re-open their LINE/Messenger/Instagram apps and play with the new kits, creating additional engagement opportunities!

The “Lucky Wheel” kit is used with LINE/Messenger/Instagram, allowing you to flexibly set the event schedule, prize inventory, and collect information more effectively! Let’s learn how the Lucky Wheel kit bot grabs the user’s attention through a video!

🎮 Try the Lucky Wheel bot now 👉

⚒️ Build it by yourself 👉

Roulette spins attract fans. Make a Lucky Draw bot now

1. Create a Lucky Draw kit

After logging in to the BotBonnie console to edit your Flow, click “Kits”, select the “Lucky Wheel” kit, and the Lucky Wheel kit window will appear. Click “Add Kit” to start making a Lucky Wheel bot!

2. Basic settings

The “Lucky wheel kit settings” page will pop up directly when adding the kit. You could also enter this page by clicking the “Settings” button on the toolbar or the kit icon.

“Basic” settings include:

  • Kit Name
  • Campaign period
  • Number of spins

First, give the “Kit name” the same as the event, which will make tracking the bots clearer in the future! In our example, Bonnie has created a “Black Friday Lucky Wheel” event, making sure to name the kit with the same name. We can set the start and end time in the “Campaign period,” which will ensure that end users who try to access the kit outside this period will see an error message. The default “Number of spins” is set to one spin. If you want to let end users participate in the campaign more than once, you can enable the function “Use the parameter value as the number of spins” to customize your spin criteria.

Magic parameters! Not limited to a single draw; draw as many times as you want!

The BotBonnie Lucky Wheel kit can be adjusted in real-time according to the scenario you designed, giving users a flexible number of draws. Users are no longer limited to one draw.  By enabling the  “Use the parameter value as the number of spins” function, you can easily trigger different conditions and scenarios to change how many numbers of draws users can access.

For example, if you want to carry out online-to-offline integrated activities, you can launch a reward that allows users to participate in one additional draw when they visit an offline physical store. In this case, you can easily enable this scenario by using parameter value to specify the number of spins!

Let’s say we want the user to go to the store to participate in a product demo, after which the staff scans the QR code for the user to unlock an additional lucky draw. We can design it like this:

First, go to the “Growth Tools” in the menu on the left, add a tool, and select “Start chats with URL” to enter the editor screen. Then add the Action “Add/Subtract Parameter” value to set your desired parameter name – we chose “Guess” for this example.  When a user enters the bot demo through this link or QR code, BotBonnie will detect this action and the parameter binding record will be performed in the Audience List on BotBonnie console.

After completing the QR code settings, return to the basic settings of the bot, and then in the number of draws field, check the “Use the parameter value as the number of spins” option and select the parameter “Guess” in the drop-down menu.

Finally, when the user meets the conditions for multiple lucky draws, simply go to the user management backend of the bot to see the parameter value and how many draws have been made! See the screenshots  below to understand how to set up this operation!

set more lucky draw chances
set more lucky draw chances

【BotBonnie’s Note】
The parameter function is different from tags. You need to ask the operator to test the demo once before the parameter will be displayed on the tester, and then you can select the function of “Use the parameter value as the number of spins” in the settings!

【BotBonnie’s Tip】
If you want to quickly generate parameters to facilitate kit settings, you can go directly to user management to select any user, click on the user parameter for that user, and manually enter the name of the parameter you want to set (as shown in the last step in the figure above). After going back to and refreshing the flow settings page, you can see the parameter value when you select  “Use the parameter value as the number of spins”!

3. Appearance

With the feedback to offer more variety, we now offer three prebuilt themes for the Lucky Wheel Kit: “Neon,” “Celebrate,” and “Thrilling.” These styles apply to all pages, including the “Home page,” “Result page,” “Redemption page,” etc. You can change the text and color of the “Banner title” according to your needs. There is a real-time preview for you to easily see your changes in real time.

With “Customize appearance,” you could build your exclusive theme!

In addition to the prebuilt themes, for BotBonnie Enterprise customers we also provide the ability to fully customize the prize wheel appearance. Toggle on the “Customize appearance” button, specify your desired settings, and build your exclusive theme with a few steps.

4. Prizes

Set the name of “Prize,” “Prize type,” “Amount of Prizes,” “Probability,” and “Evenly distribute this prize”, and “Send a message through chat” according to the different prizes and type requirements of each event.

  • Prize type
    BotBonnie provides five kinds of prizes to users: 
    1. Inform users of prizes won
    2. Exchange
    3. One-time serial number: Text
    4. One-time serial number: Barcode
    5. One-time serial number: URL

      You can choose the setting that is most appropriate for your event and prize.

1.Inform users of prizes won: Users are notified of the names of prizes won directly on the prize record page; when appropriate, the exchange status field will display that no physical exchange is required.

2. Exchange: On the Lucky Wheel page, there will be an additional redemption screen of “click me to redeem prizes” for the event staff to use. This function is very suitable for businesses with brick-and-mortar locations and physical events, as it can help connect and integrate online and offline events!

3. One-time serial number (Text):  This type of prize is very suitable for the game and e-commerce industries, where you can upload a CSV file with the serial numbers of individual event prizes and upload it to the BotBonnie console. The user will receive the serial number in the order of the prizes drawn. For example, the first winner will receive the 001 serial number, and the second will receive the 002 serial number.

4. One-time serial number (Barcode): This prize is similar to “One-time serial number (Text)” but uses a barcode instead of text for easier machine entry. We support many types of barcodes, including Code-39, Code-128, etc.

5. One-time serial number (URL): This prize allows you to upload a CSV file with the serial number URLs. When end users click the button, they will be redirected to the unique URL.

  • Probability
    Set the chances to win for each prize module. See below for an example of how the probability is calculated:
    There are two prizes: For coupons and skincare sets, the probabilities of winning the two prizes are 10% and 80% respectively, and the probability of not winning is 10%. When the coupons have been completely drawn, the probability of winning the skincare set will be automatically increased to 90%. That is, the probability of winning will remain at 1-the probability of not winning = 1-10% = 90% should be less than or equal to 100%, and the remaining is the chance of not winning.
  • Evenly distribute this prize
    In order to prevent the prizes from being redeemed too quickly during the campaign period, we can directly check the “Evenly distribute this prize” function to allocate a prize quota to each day of the period. If the lucky wheel period is 5 days and the total number of the 50% off coupons for this prize is 10, the 10 discount coupons will be evenly distributed for 5 days and drawn by the users. That is, 2 discount coupons will be drawn every day.
  • Send a message through chat
    In addition to showing the prize directly,, you can edit module messages in the flows. Users who win this prize will receive the message, enabling more interaction with your brand.

  • Add prize
    There are two default prizes in BotBonnie Lucky Wheel kit. You can increase or decrease the number of prizes freely according to the content of the event. Just click “Add Prize” to automatically set the relevant information, and then go to the flow backend and create a suitable prize module according to your prize information, prize photos, and prize copy text.
  • When a prize is won
    BotBonnie has a default animation when a prize is won. Enterprise users are able to customize this image as well!
  • When no prize is won
    Check the “Send a message through chat” checkbox per your need. We have a default message set but you can customize it to your liking.  This is a very important part of the prize drawing process, don’t let your non-winners feel left out!
  • Policy statements
    Bonnie knows that you often encounter legal issues related to rights declarations when organizing events. This is especially true of those who are in the financial and medical industries. So we have added policy or term text by default at the bottom that you can use unaltered, or you can alter it according to your needs.

Information on prize delivery! Allowing you to clearly control prize distribution

Assuming we organized a 20-day lucky draw with a 30% chance of winning, the prize distribution will be as follows:

The BotBonnie system is automatically set to round up to the nearest whole number to determine the number of prizes handed out. 

When the option “Evenly distribute this prize” is checked, the system will spread out the distribution of the 10 available prizes into 0.5 units for each of the 20 days. Given the rule to automatically round up, the number of prizes to be drawn and awarded on any given day will have to be a whole number. 

PrizeProbabilityInventoryEvenly distribute this prizeDay 1
Day 2
Day 3
……Day 20
Prize A10%10V0.5 >> round up to 111.5 >> round up to 2……20
Prize B20%20V123……20
The logic of BotBonnie prize distribution
  • Taking Prize A as an example, it is actually possible that no prize will be drawn for a few days.  As an example, it is actually possible that the first award will not be drawn the next day, or it may accumulate to the last few days.
  • For Prize A, only one prize will be given out on Day 1 maximum or one on Day 1 and one on Day 2. If there are no prizes drawn for the first two days, the number of prizes that can be given out increases for the remaining days. 

When any prize is completely drawn

  • If all 10 prize A have been drawn, in order to maintain the principle of a 30% total chance of winning, the chance of winning prize B is increased to 30%.
  • If there is an additional prize C (30% chance of winning) today, the total chance of drawing will be 60%. When prize A has been completely drawn, we will base the prizes on the ratio of prize B to prize C (2: 3). A 10% chance of winning is divided proportionally, and prize B becomes (24%) and prize C (36%).

BotBonnie’s Note
When the “equally distribute prizes” option is selected for a certain prize, if the daily drawn quantity (total number of prizes / lucky draw days) is less than 1, the user will not be able to draw the prize on that day. The user can only win the prize when the daily drawn quantity is greater than 1. (Scenario as above)

5. Other settings

Basically, you don’t need to do any modification in “Other settings”. BotBonnie helps you detect if the channel is connected to the BotBonnie bot successfully.

6. Reset records

When you are doing event testing internally, you often need to test repeatedly to avoid the prizes being completely drawn. Bonnie provides the “Reset Event Record” function to help reset the event record in this kit. All users’ individual lucky wheel and winning records will be reset to zero and the prizes will also be returned to the prize pool. Please note that this action cannot be reversed

7. Kit Performance Report

Click the “Kit Report” button on the toolbar to view the kit performance report.

  • Export winners list
    Enter your email address and the system will export the user list within 1 hour and send you a CSV file of the list so that you can conduct follow-up contact and records. The BotBonnie Lucky Wheel kit will collect the following information from users: User ID, name, lottery platform, gender, winning prize, prize type, one-time serial number and Lucky Draw kit ID, lottery time, redemption time, and photo on the platform.
Lucky Draw performance report
Lucky Draw performance report
  • Detailed data
    You can also specify a time interval: Check performance of this section for Today, the Last 3 Days, the Last 7 Days, the Last 30 Days, the Last 3 Months, and the Event Period: A line chart of the number of daily draws, the number of draws, and the number of prizes won for each prize.
Detailed data report
Detailed data report

It’s all set. Do you want to build your own lucky wheel bot?

⚒️ Build it now 👉

Official website / Facebook Fan page / Tutorials


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.