Let the Instagram bot create a unique impact for your brand! You can use Instagram Stories to expand your brand image, start private message interactions through posts and messages, and create a 24/7 automated customer service center. Simply connect the BotBonnie secret weapon for increasing the number of fans on Instagram to create the most creative and interesting Instagram event with ease. Let’s start using the secret device for Instagram to rapidly increase brand interaction!
BotBonnie’s Starter version can be linked to an Instagram botRapidly expand into brand-new communities!
The Starter bot can only be bound to one Facebook fan page or one Instagram business account. The Essential bot can be bound to one Facebook fan page, one Instagram business account, or one official LINE account. The Professional bot can be bound to all three channels at the same time, and the number is not limited. >> Refer to detailed pricing options
Criteria for linking Instagram
Facebook has officially allowed the connection of chatbots to all Instagram business accounts. If you wish to connect the Instagram and the BotBonnie chatbot, complete the two following steps:
1. Connect the Instagram business account to Facebook.
2. Grant BotBonnie access to the Instagram business account.
First, let’s start with how to switch your account to a business account and connect it to Facebook. You can complete the phase 1 connection on your phone or computer. After you complete phase 1, execute Phase 2 to grant access to BotBonnie bot and complete the connection!
Phone operations – Preparation for connect to bot
If you are used to running your Instagram account on your phone, you can take 9 steps to complete the switch to a business account and link a Facebook fan page. If you use a personal account or a creator account, please follow the instructions below. If your Instagram account is already a business account, simply skip these steps and proceed to the Facebook fan page steps.
The following instructions show how you can switch your “personal account” to a business account:
- Go to the personal profile page, click on the “Hamburger Menu” at the top right corner, and select “Settings.”
- Click “Account” in the menu of the settings page.
- Click “Switch to Professional Account” in the account page
4. Learn about the three major traits of the Professional Account. Simply click “Continue” to proceed to the following step.
5. Select the account “Category” and you can enter your own keywords to find the suitable category. You can choose whether the account is public which will help with fans’ searches and algorithm-based rankings.
6. Select “business” account.
7. Review the contact information. You can make it public and you can also adjust it later.
Set the personal account to “business” account
After taking these 7 steps, your personal account will be switched to a “business account.” You can now connect to Facebook directly from your phone, or “skip” to the computer version of the Facebook console.
8. Click the fan page you wish to connect to complete the link with ease!
9. Go to your profile page, click on “Edit Profile,” and check the “Public business information.” If you can see the fan page you just connected to, it means that the connection was successful! When you switch to a business account and connect to a Facebook fan page, you can proceed directly to the step for binding the BotBonnie bot.
Computer operations – Preparation for connecting to the bot
First, your Instagram account must be a business account before it can be linked to a chatbot. If you have a personal account or a creator account, please follow the instructions below. If your Instagram account is already a business account, simply skip these steps and proceed to the Facebook fan page steps.
The following instructions show how you can switch your “personal account” to a business account:
- Click on your “Profile photo” at the top right corner and choose “Settings.“
- Click “Switch to Professional Account” in the menu of the settings page.
- Set the personal account to “business” account
- The screen will show the features of a business account. Simply click “Next.”
- For the “category” of the business account, you can choose whether the account is public which will help with fans’ searches and algorithm-based rankings.
If you have a creator account, you must first “Switch to Personal Account” in step 2 and click “Switch to Professional Account.”
6. Check the contact information. You can make it public and you can also adjust it any time.
7. Click “Complete” at the bottom right corner to switch your personal account to a business account.
2. Connect the Facebook Page to Instagram business account
When you use the Instagram bot, you must bind the Instagram business account to the Facebook Page. Let’s add the Instagram business account on the Facebook console.
If you do not have a Facebook Page, please create one first to link it to Instagram.
👉Create a fan page now
Before linking, you must make sure that your page has the “Enterprise Management Platform” as it will affect the authentication method after the link.
- If the brand has an enterprise account management platform, the person operating the link must be the enterprise account platform administrator
- If personal brands only have pages but do not have an enterprise account management platform, simply use the page administrator to complete the link.
We will start with instructions for pages “without an enterprise account management platform”:
- Go to your Facebook Page and select the “Settings” tab in the left menu.
- After entering the settings page, select Instagram and click “Connect Account.”
3. Please make sure the “Allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox” option is activated so that brands can send private message to fans who leave comments, and click Continue.
4. Enter the username and password of your Instagram account and select Log in.
5. If it is a page without an enterprise account management platform, the link will be completed.
For users that use the “Business Manager,” the following steps must be taken to verify the account after they complete step 5 specified above:
- Click “Check connection”: You will be automatically directly to the Instagram in the Facebook console which will prompt you to activate more functions.
- Click the “Continue” button three times.
- Finally, after “Confirm link”, you will be able to correctly link the fan page to Instagram. If you are not the “enterprise management platform administrator,” you will not be able to click on the button. You must be the enterprise management platform administrator to click the button and complete the connection.
- Successful confirmation of the link.
- If it is a page with an enterprise account management platform, the link will be successful.
Bind BotBonnie bot
If you don’t have a BotBonnie chatbot, please register first and add a new chatbot. If you are already a BotBonnie user, please follow the steps for connecting to Instagram.
We will now show you how to register and create your first chatbot:
First, register for a bot account with your personal email address or Facebook account. Confirm your user identity and select the fan page to which you wish to connect the chatbot.
After granting BotBonnie access, you will complete the connection and you will be directed to the BotBonnie chatbot console. Click the “+” on the right to create your first bot.
👉 Are you using a chatbot for the first time? Don’t worry! We have a five-minute tutorial to help you get started.
2. Connect Instagram account
When a chatbot is created, you will be redirected to the bot console. First, click “Settings” in the menu on the left. You can see that BotBonnie supports connections with three channels — Instagram, Facebook, and LINE. Click “+ Connect to Instagram” in the Instagram for Business section to begin the connection.
- First, you must confirm whether you wish to connect to the Facebook account on Instagram.
- Select the Instagram business account to which you wish to connect the chatbot.
- Choose the fan page you wish to use. You can choose more than one fan page here, but you must include the fan page that was connected to your business account in the previous step.
- BotBonnie must obtain certain necessary permissions from the user. Therefore, please activate all permissions and click “Done.”
After you complete the aforementioned steps, you will be automatically redirected to the BotBonnie Settings page where you can see the business account you just connected. Simply click “Connect” on the right to complete the connection between the business account and BotBonnie.
Congratulations on connecting your Instagram bot🎉! After completing the connection, you can start planning your Instagram marketing events. BotBonnie has prepared 9 major usage scenarios for you to help you organize ultra-popular Instagram growth campaigns.
What functions does BotBonnie support?
In phase 1, BotBonnie provides support for Instagram Post Comment Reply, AI Rules, Live Chat integration, and use of multiple kits (lucky draw, scratch-off, invoice registration, and daily check-in) to help you provide promo codes in Post Comment Reply, automatic lucky draw, and 24-hour customer service private message support. We will continue to develop more bot applications for you.
When you click “Connect” in the previous step, but the system shows “No Eligible Link Found” and “Fix Immediately” is required, please click the red button “Fix Now” to review the linking process for the following conditions:
1. If you are not the administrator of the fan page or if your brand has an “enterprise management platform” but you have not successfully connected the Instagram account to the Facebook Page, please follow the instructions and confirm the link.
2. You have not yet successfully granted permissions for the Facebook Page to BotBonnie for connecting to your Instagram account. Please click “Reset Permissions” and provide permissions to the Facebook Page of your Instagram account.
3. Your Instagram account is not yet connected to a Facebook Page. Please follow instructions in this step to convert your account to a business account and make the contents of your account public. Next, follow instructions in this step to connect to a Facebook Page (you must be the administrator of the page).
4. You have not activated the “Allow inbox access to Instagram messages” switch Go to the Instagram business account and click on your “profile photo” to enter settings and “Privacy Settings” > “Messages” > “Allow Messages,” and activate the switch